Unique Capabilities and Experience
Stonebridge provides specialized consulting and accounting services to the legal community, bankruptcy trustees, examiners, creditors, creditors' committees, private and public businesses, government agencies, and individuals.
Spence A. Shumway and Robert C. Albretsen are Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and each have more than 30 years of professional experience. Spence is also a Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) and a respected and frequent presenter on bankruptcy topics. Robert is also Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) and a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Highlights of their experience and achievements:
- Consulting, forensic analysis, tax and other accounting services on thousands of bankruptcy and other forensic engagements.
- Investigating allegations of fraud, mismanagement, and manipulation of financial reporting.
- Recovery of billions in cash and other assets while working with bankruptcy trustees.
- Unraveling complex transactions and fraudulent activities.
- Assisting bankruptcy trustees in identifying assets of debtors and in liquidating companies.
- Restructuring assistance to companies in chapter 11.
- Resolving billions of dollars in bankruptcy claims.
- Identifying and locating hidden assets.
- Providing expert witness testimony.
The case examples on this site were selected from our work experiences in many types of industries, including:
- Equipment leasing
- Financial institutions
- Governmental contracting
- Graphic art
- Medical and health care
- Non-profit enterprises
- Oil and gas (exploration, production, refining and sales)
- Professional services
- Real estate
Spence and Bob met in 1981 in New Orleans while working for an international public accounting firm. Although Bob ventured west, practicing in Los Angeles, Seattle and Salt Lake City and Spence moved to Atlanta in the late 1980s, they both developed expertise providing forensic and other accounting services to bankruptcy trustees, attorneys, creditors, the courts and others.
In early 2013, Spence and Bob joined their similar expertise and experiences to establish Stonebridge Accounting & Forensics LLC to expand their forensic service offerings and to continue to provide exceptional accounting and forensic support services to bankruptcy practitioners, legal professionals and other clients.